The year is 1927. In 1927, when cars were still the vehicles of a handful of noble people, there were many carrozzeria in Italy. In this era, many famous cars were created with the sense of craftsmanship and the latest technology that could never be produced by mass production. Automakers such as Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, and Maserati soon began to compete in public road races to show their skills. The Mille Miglia is a traditional Italian automobile race that starts every May in Brescia, Italy, and covers about 1,200 km over four days. This is the Mille Miglia.
This race attracts about 400-500 entries from all over the world, and as the most popular sporting event held in Italy, it attracts huge crowds from all over the world along the course. The origin of the classic car rally is the passion of the automobile craftsmen of the past, who devoted themselves to the development of the automobile and have continued to pass it on to future generations.
The purpose of the Classic Car Rally event is to "pass on automotive culture. Restoration techniques are essential to maintain classic cars, but the older the car, the more difficult it is to restore. Today, many classic cars are able to maintain their beautiful appearance because of the skills of the restorers and the desire of the owners to continue to drive their cars with care. The most important thing is to pass on this culture, skills, and spirit of caring for old things to young people. And classic car racing events are places where people who genuinely love cars gather together. It is a place where people who genuinely love cars can get together, transcending the barriers of generation, gender, and culture.
Giro dell'Isola Okinawa hopes that the classic car race, also known as the "moving car museum," will be enjoyed not only by the people who participate in the race but also by the many people who visit the venue, as they learn about the history and culture of cars as well as the background of each era in which cars were created.
Through the event, we would like to support the tourism industry of Okinawa Prefecture, where the event will be held.
Title and Logo design
The title, GIRO DELL'ISOLA, means "island hopping" in Italian.
Through the rally event, the charm of Okinawa, which has nurtured its unique history and culture as the center of Asia since the days of the Ryukyu Kingdom, through the beautiful sea and rich nature of Okinawa.
I want to tell you that. The logo design is based on the Ryukyu tattoo "Hajichi", which is one of the Okinawan cultures. Many of the rally event logo designs are related to cars, but if you are going to hold it in Okinawa, it is important to convey the history, culture and customs of Okinawa.
While the idea of and the image of “cars = men” is still firmly rooted, an event produced by a woman with roots in Okinawa Therefore, I chose Hajichi from the keywords of "inheritance of Okinawa's history and culture" and "woman".
In addition, the three colors represent the nature of Okinawa (sun, sea, evergreen forest).
Outline of the event
|Name||GIRO DELL'ISOLA OKINAWA 2023 [Giro dell'Isola Okinawa 2023]|
|Dates||Saturday, March 4, 2023 to Sunday, March 5, 2023 2 days |
※ The eve will be held on Friday, March 3rd.
※ Beginners briefing is planned for those who have little rally experience.
|Location||Central and Northern Okinawa Main Island|
|Number of participants||40 (planned)|
|Qualifying Car||Vehicles manufactured between 1927 and 1985 (* Classified by model year.)|
・It doesn't matter if it's domestic or overseas
・Replica models and extremely modified vehicles are not allowed to participate.
・Vehicles with a vehicle registration number and a vehicle inspection certificate that is valid until the end of the event.
・Vehicles approved by the organizer
|Game details||Time trial run measured in 1/100th of a second (PC competition)|
Driving on public roads passing the line set on the route at the specified time (CO competition)
Public road driving (stamp rally) to receive checkpoint authentication at points set on the route
|Organizing||Giro dell’isola OKINAWA executive committee|
Class Classification by Year
At GIRO DELL'ISOLA OKINAWA, we classify cars as follows based on the model year.
The grade announcement will announce the results of the class ranking and the overall ranking.
Response to the new coronavirus infection
Participants are requested to cooperate with the following items during the competition period.
- PCR test report for those who have not been vaccinated
- Pre-confirmation checklist (Fill in the pre-confirmation checklist every day from one week before the event)
- Antigen test at reception
- Temperature measurement at reception (non-contact type)
- Wear a mask
- Enforce hand hygiene with rubbing alcohol
- Bring your own towel
- Registration of Okinawa Prefecture New Corona Infectious Disease Personal Support (RICCA)
Please note that you will not be able to participate if any of the following items apply on the day of the event.
- Fever (37.5°C or higher)
- Have cold-like symptoms such as coughing or sore throat
- Suffocation and fatigue
- Symptoms such as nausea and diarrhea
- You have an abnormal sense of smell or taste
- You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- A family member or close acquaintance who is suspected of being infected
- In the past 14 days, you have traveled to a country, region, etc. that has been restricted by the government or requires an observation period after entering the country. Close contact with the resident
【 Whether or not to hold the event due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection 】
One month before the event (February 4, 2023), the event will be reconsidered based on the infection situation and social situation, and a final decision will be made.
If it is decided to cancel the event, the full participation fee will be refunded. (does not include transfer fees)
- Please see the entry instructions.
- Please fill in all the necessary information on the application form. Please sign and seal the pledge after checking the contents.
If you wish to apply for a support car, please fill out the Support Car Application Form.
If you are traveling with someone other than your co-driver, please fill out the Support Car Application Form.
If you wish to print the entry instructions yourself
Please send the application form, pledge form (if you are applying for a support car, please send the support car application form and pledge form) and other necessary documents to the Secretariat Office by mail, fax or e-mail attachment. Please send the application form, pledge form (if you are applying for a support car, please send the support car application form and pledge form) and other necessary documents to the Secretariat Office by mail, fax or e-mail attachment.
You can download and print it from the link below.
1. Application form and written pledge (signed by the driver and co-driver)
2. A copy of the vehicle inspection certificate valid during the event period * Cars with temporary license plates are not allowed to participate.
3. A copy of your liability insurance card valid for the duration of the event
4. A copy of your voluntary insurance card valid for the duration of the event
5. Copy of driver's license valid during the event (one for driver and one for co-driver)
※Please send a copy of the back of your driver's license.
※If you are a co-driver and do not have a driver's license, please send a copy of your photo ID.
6. Photographs of participating vehicles (paper copies, CD-Rs, or image data)
※Please prepare a color copy of the required documents with clear printing.To request an entry guide
2-16-6 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 BIZMARKS Akasaka
To: Giro Dell'Isola Okinawa Executive Committee
E-mail : email@example.com
- Please send the application form (entry form) by mail, fax or e-mail attachment.
- Please fill out all the necessary information and send it along with the required documents to the above mentioned office.
Entry will be accepted upon arrival of documents.
Monday, December 26, 2022
Due date for transfer
- Please transfer the registration fee.
- Please transfer the participation fee to the designated account described in the "Information for transfer of participation fee" sent after the entry is accepted.
Entry will be completed after confirming the application form (entry form) and payment.
Friday, January 13, 2023
About vehicle transportation
We offer a vehicle transportation service.
Vehicles will be brought to the site in advance, so you can come easily on the day.
If you would like to make arrangements, please download the vehicle transportation information and apply.