The year is 1927. In 1927, when cars were still the vehicles of a handful of noble people, there were many carrozzeria in Italy. In this era, many famous cars were created with the sense of craftsmanship and the latest technology that could never be produced by mass production. Automakers such as Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, and Maserati soon began to compete in public road races to show their skills. The Mille Miglia is a traditional Italian automobile race that starts every May in Brescia, Italy, and covers about 1,200 km over four days. This is the Mille Miglia.
This race attracts about 400-500 entries from all over the world, and as the most popular sporting event held in Italy, it attracts huge crowds from all over the world along the course. The origin of the classic car rally is the passion of the automobile craftsmen of the past, who devoted themselves to the development of the automobile and have continued to pass it on to future generations.
The purpose of the Classic Car Rally event is to "pass on automotive culture. Restoration techniques are essential to maintain classic cars, but the older the car, the more difficult it is to restore. Today, many classic cars are able to maintain their beautiful appearance because of the skills of the restorers and the desire of the owners to continue to drive their cars with care. The most important thing is to pass on this culture, skills, and spirit of caring for old things to young people. And classic car racing events are places where people who genuinely love cars gather together. It is a place where people who genuinely love cars can get together, transcending the barriers of generation, gender, and culture.
Giro dell'Isola Okinawa hopes that the classic car race, also known as the "moving car museum," will be enjoyed not only by the people who participate in the race but also by the many people who visit the venue, as they learn about the history and culture of cars as well as the background of each era in which cars were created.
Through the event, we would like to support the tourism industry of Okinawa Prefecture, where the event will be held.
Outline of the event
|Name||GIRO DELL’ISOLA OKINAWA 2022|
|Dates||February 11 (Fri.) - February 13 (Sun.), 2022 (3 days)|
※ February 11 (Fri.) 1:00 p.m. Naha City Start
※ February 13 (Sun.) 4:00 p.m. Naha City Finish
|Location||Naha City / Okinawa City / Uruma City / Yomitan Village / Nago City / Onna Village and surrounding areas, Okinawa Prefecture|
|Number of participants||[ classic cars ] 40 units [ neo-classic cars ] 20 units Total 60 units (to be determined)|
|Qualifying Car||Classic Cars : Vehicles manufactured between 1927 and 1973.|
Neo-Classic Cars : Vehicles manufactured between 1974 and 1989.
・Both domestic and foreign cars are acceptable.
・Replica models and vehicles with extreme modifications are not allowed to participate.
・Vehicles that have a valid vehicle registration number and whose vehicle inspection certificate is valid until the end of the event.
・Vehicles that have been approved by the organizer.
|Game details||Time trial driving to be measured in 1/100th of a second (PC competition)|
Public road driving to pass a set line on the route at a specified time (CO competition)
Public road driving to receive checkpoint certification at a set point on the route (stamp rally)
|Organizing||Giro dell’isola OKINAWA executive committee|
Category and Class Classification by Year
GIRO DELL'ISOLA OKINAWA will be divided into the following categories and classes based on the year.
|■ Classic Car, 1927 - 1973||■ Neo Classic Car, 1974 - 1989|
|－ CLASS －|
|Legendary, 1927 - 1957|
|Vintage, 1958 - 1965|
|Historic, 1966 - 1973|
※The classic cars will be further divided into three classes, and the overall and class-specific results will be announced.
※Neo-classic cars will only be announced in the overall standings.
※The number of PC competitions will vary depending on the category.
The Neo Historic Car category is a classic car rally competition for beginners. For this reason, the number of PC competitions is set to be smaller than the classic car category.
About correspondence to new coronavirus infection
【 Before the event 】
- Vaccination (at least two times)
- If you have not been vaccinated, please report the results of PCR test.
- Pre-checklist (Please fill out the pre-checklist every day for 2 weeks prior to the event.
【 During the event 】
All participants are requested to cooperate with the following items during the event.
- Antigen test at the registration desk
- Temperature check at registration and every morning (non-contact type)
- Wearing a mask
- Hand hygiene with rubbing alcohol
- Bring your own towel
- Report on physical condition
- Register for the Okinawa Infectious Disease Control and Prevention Personal Support (RICCA)
Please note that you will not be able to participate in the event if any of the following items apply to you on the day of the event.
- Fever (37.5℃ or higher)
- Cough, sore throat, or other cold-like symptoms
- Breathlessness and fatigue.
- Symptoms such as nausea and diarrhea
- Abnormal sense of smell or taste
- Have had close contact with a person who tested positive for the new coronavirus infection.
- A family member or close acquaintance who is suspected to be infected.
- Has traveled to a country or region that has been restricted by the government from entering the country or region, or has had close contact with a person living in such a country or region within the past 14 days.
【 Whether or not to hold the meeting due to the spread of the new coronavirus 】
One month before the event (January 11, 2022), we will reconsider the holding of the event based on the infection situation and social conditions, and make a final decision on the holding of the event. If it is decided to cancel the event, the full amount of the registration fee will be refunded. (This does not include bank transfer fees.)
- Please see the entry instructions.
- Please fill in all the necessary information on the application form. Please sign and seal the pledge after checking the contents.
If you wish to apply for a support car, please fill out the Support Car Application Form.
If you are traveling with someone other than your co-driver, please fill out the Support Car Application Form.
If you wish to print the entry instructions yourself
Please send the application form, pledge form (if you are applying for a support car, please send the support car application form and pledge form) and other necessary documents to the Secretariat Office by mail, fax or e-mail attachment. Please send the application form, pledge form (if you are applying for a support car, please send the support car application form and pledge form) and other necessary documents to the Secretariat Office by mail, fax or e-mail attachment.
You can download and print it from the link below.
1. Application form and written pledge (signed by the driver and co-driver)
2. A copy of the vehicle inspection certificate valid during the event period * Cars with temporary license plates are not allowed to participate.
3. A copy of your liability insurance card valid for the duration of the event
4. A copy of your voluntary insurance card valid for the duration of the event
5. Copy of driver's license valid during the event (one for driver and one for co-driver)
※Please send a copy of the back of your driver's license.
※If you are a co-driver and do not have a driver's license, please send a copy of your photo ID.
6. Photographs of participating vehicles (paper copies, CD-Rs, or image data)
※Please prepare a color copy of the required documents with clear printing.To request an entry guide
BIZMARKS Kojimachi 2F, 1-3-6 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan
To: Giro Dell'Isola Okinawa Executive Committee
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send the application form (entry form) by mail, fax or e-mail attachment.
- Please fill out all the necessary information and send it along with the required documents to the above mentioned office.
Entry will be accepted upon arrival of documents.
Saturday, January 15, 2022
Due date for transfer
- Please transfer the registration fee.
- Please transfer the participation fee to the designated account described in the "Information for transfer of participation fee" sent after the entry is accepted.
Entry will be completed after confirming the application form (entry form) and payment.
Monday, January 31, 2022
About vehicle transportation
We offer a vehicle transportation service.
Vehicles will be brought to the site in advance, so you can come easily on the day.
If you would like to make arrangements, please download the vehicle transportation information and apply.